The way organizations communicate and conduct business has changed dramatically in the past decade. Services such as high-definition video streaming, cloud services, and anytime/anywhere mobile connectivity not only consume an enormous amount of network capacity but also create a greater degree of complexity for network operations.
As a result, today's network planners are seeking solutions that provide the right mix of scalability, performance, programmability, and operational simplicity. The Brocade MLX Series of high-performance routers, which includes Brocade MLXe Core Routers, is designed to meet these requirements and many others.
Built with a state-of-the-art, sixth-generation, network processor-based architecture and terabit scale switch fabrics, the Brocade MLX Series provides a rich set of high-performance Layer 2/3, IPv4, IPv6, Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), wire-speed encryption, and Software-Defined Networking (SDN).
As a result, these routers address the diverse needs in environments that include the data centers of service provider, enterprise, and public sector organizations; service provider transit and Internet Exchange Points (IXPs); research and education networks; enterprise and public sector campuses; and mobile 4G/LTE service providers.
- Scalable multiservice IP/MPLS, SDNenabled routers in 4-, 8-, 16-, and 32-slot chassis options
- Fully distributed, non-blocking, and programmable architecture with up to 15.36 Tbps fabric capacity for maximum performance and investment protection
- 64 100 GbE, 128 40 GbE, 768 10 GbE, and 1,536 1 GbE ports in a single router
- Wire-speed forwarding performance for all software features, including Ethernet, VLAN, IPv4, IPv6, MPLS, VPLS, IPsec, MACsec, and OpenFlow capabilities
- High-availability design with redundant management modules, switch fabrics, power supplies, and fans; hitless failover; hitless software upgrades; and non-stop routing
- Delivers integrated hardware support for OpenFlow 1.3 in the industry’s only true hybrid port mode, enabling SDN to seamlessly interwork with existing network forwarding
- Ideal for applications in data center core and interconnects, Wide Area Networks (WANs), and campus cores
Extreme Networks Inc.