The need for real-time visibility into network data has never been greater. Being able to know-how applications and services are performing is no longer nice to have. It is also imperative to have the ability to quickly quantify threats from within and outside of your network.
The current reality is that compute, storage and networks are now software-defined and built by the rack and containers. And, in keeping with demand to deliver lower operating expense and offering the best-of-breed in software-defined flexibility, visibility is lost at every layer as installations get dense and traffic moves east-west within a rack and north-south between racks.
More servers, more switching layers, more virtual platforms translate to more visibility blind spots.
Ixia’s new Vision 7816 network packet brokers are designed to provide rack-level visibility through a solution that allows seamless integration into existing hybrid SDN architectures, offering true flexible multi-speed capability, and a comprehensive feature set for the versatility to adapt to the future ensuring your Security Fabric’s strength, all while offering a compelling total cost of ownership.
- High-density multi-speed network packet broker that is designed for deployment in racks to aggregate traffic
- Exceptionally feature-rich stand-alone packet broker that supports 10G, 40G, 25/50G, and 100G networks
- An Easy-to-use web interface allows you to focus on security rather than configuration
- Space efficient 2RU design with 64x100G ports saves rack space in your data center
- Secure serial console port with authentication
- Management port IP allow-list
- IFC cluster supports any-to-any topology with tools either a single hop or multiple hops away
- Filtering on IPv4/IPv6 fragments
- Memory optimization to allow more filtering rules with limited space
- Priority-based filtering supports IPv4 and IPv6 filtering
- Native L2GRE/VxLAN termination and origination