The Juniper Networks EX2300 line of Ethernet switches offers a compact, high performance solution for supporting today’s converged network access deployments.
Each EX2300 switch includes an ASIC-based Packet Forwarding Engine (PFE) with an integrated CPU to consistently deliver wire-rate forwarding, even with all control plane features enabled. Based on existing, field-proven Juniper Networks technology, the PFE brings the same level of carrier-class performance and reliability to the EX2300 switches that Juniper Networks routers bring to the world’s largest service provider networks.
Select EX2300 models also support the 802.3af Class 3 Power over Ethernet (PoE) and 802.3at PoE+ standards for supporting networked devices such as telephones, video
cameras, IEEE 802.11ac WLAN access points, and videophones in converged networks. The PoE-enabled EX2300 switches include a maximum system budget of 740 watts to deliver up to 30 watts to select ports.
The EX2300 fixed-configuration Ethernet switches provide exceptional value to the enterprise customers by supporting the following key technologies:
- Juniper Networks Junos® Fusion Enterprise allows more than 100 EX2300 switches to be configured as satellite devices that connect to EX9200 core aggregation devices.
- Virtual Chassis technology enables up to four interconnected EX2300 switches to form a single logical device.
- Flexible 4x1GbE SFP/10GbE SFP+ uplinks provide high-speed connectivity to aggregation layer switches or other upstream devices.
- 24 10/100/1000BASE-T ports are available with or without PoE/PoE+.
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) support is provided on 1GbE ports.
- Complete Layer 2 and basic Layer 3 switching capabilities are available.
- Simplified management uses Juniper Networks Junos Space Network Director and J-Web GUI.
- Flexible 4x1GbE SFP/10GbE SFP+ uplinks provide high-speed connectivity
- 48 ports(10/100/1000BASE-T) are available with or without PoE/PoE+
- Airflow: 25 cfm
- Packet-Switching Capacities: 176 Gbps
- Acoustic Noise: 48.5dB
- Energy Efficient Ethernet support is provided on 1GbE ports
- Fixed power supply and uplink ports ensure operational simplicity
- Low power consumption
- Low acoustic fans and a small 10" deep footprint enable flexible environmentally friendly deployment
|Header||Manufacturer : Netscreen|
|Brand : Juniper, Juniper Networks|
|Product Line : Juniper Networks EX Series|
|Model : EX2300-48P|
|Packaged Quantity : 1|
|Chassis||Airflow Direction : Side to side airflow|
|Processor||Installed Qty : 1|
|Manufacturer : ARM|
|Clock Speed : 1.25 GHZ|
|RAM||Installed Size : 2 GB|
|Flash Memory||Installed Size : 2 GB, 2 GB|
|Performance||Backplane speed: 80 Gbps, Throughput: 130 Mbps, Switching capacity: 176 Gbps|
|Capacity||VLAN groups: 4093, Host IPv6 routes: 2048, Maximum member ports per LAG: 8, Host IPv4 routes: 4096, Layer 3 multicast groups: 2048, VSTP instances: 253, IGMP snooping entries: 2000, ARP entries: 1500, QoS hardware queues per port: 8, IPv6 route prefixes: 512, Access Control Entries (ACEs) per ACL: 2000, Firewall ingress filters: 256, IPv4 routes (Multicast): 2048, Maximum number of concurrent sessions: 4, IPv6 routes (Multicast): 1024, Firewall egress filters: 256, LAG groups: 128, IPv6 neighbor table entries: 1500, IPv4 route prefixes: 512|
|Networking||Type : Switch|
|Subcategory : Network hubs and switches|
|Subtype : Gigabit Ethernet|
|Form Factor : Desktop, Rack-mountable|
|Ports Qty : 48|
|Advanced Switching : Layer 3|
|Routing Protocol : OSPF, IGMPv3, CIDR, MLD, OSPFv2, IGMP, IGMPv2, Static IP routing, PIM-DM, PIM-SSM, RIP-2, MLDv2, PIM-SM, RIP-1|
|MAC Address Table Size : 16000 entries|
|Jumbo Frame Support : 9216 bytes|
|Manageable : Yes|
|Remote Management Protocol : NTP, CLI, RMON 9, SNMP, SSH, RMON 1, SNMP 1, TFTP, SSH-2, SNMP 3, RMON 3, SNMP 2c, HTTPS, Telnet, RMON 2, HTTP|
|Power Over Ethernet (PoE) : PoE+|