Juniper Networks EX3400 Ethernet Switch delivers a high-performance, flexible, and cost-effective solution for today’s most demanding converged data, voice, and video enterprise access environments.
To simplify network operations, the EX3400 is hardware-ready1 to act as a satellite device to support a Juniper Networks deployment, which can combine several wiring closets into one logical management platform.
The EX3400 also supports Juniper Networks Virtual Chassis technology, allowing up to 10 switches to be interconnected over uplink ports and managed as a single device, delivering a scalable, pay-as-you-grow solution for expanding network environments.
- IT Gears allows large numbers of EX3400 switches to be configured as satellite devices that connect to an EX9200 core aggregation switch to create a single logical device.
- 24-port and 48-port models with and without Power over Ethernet (PoE/PoE+) are for campus wiring closet deployments.
- Data center-optimized cooling options offer both front-to-back and back-to-front airflows, making the EX3400 suitable for GbE data center access deployments.
- Two redundant, field-replaceable power supplies each provide up to 920 watts of power.
- 24-port data center models are included for metro deployments.
- Four dual-mode (GbE/10GbE) small form-factor pluggable transceiver (SFP/SFP+) uplink ports and two 40GbE QSFP+ ports are available.
- Uplink ports can be configured as Virtual Chassis interfaces and connected via standard 10GbE/40GbE optic interfaces (40GbE uplink ports are preconfigured by default as Virtual Chassis ports).
- Comprehensive Layer 2 functionality with RIP and static routing is provided.
- A compact, 13.8-inch deep 1 U form factor supports flexible deployment options.
- An easy-to-manage solution includes centralized software upgrades and a single management interface.
- Support is available for the same consistent modular Juniper Networks Junos operating system control plane feature implementation used by all other Juniper fixed-configuration Juniper Networks EX Series Ethernet Switches.
- Support Is provided for Layer 3 (OSPF v2, IGMP v1/v2/v3, PIM, VRRP, Q-in-Q, BFD, virtual router) via an enhanced feature license (optional license required).
- Support is available for IPv6 management, including neighbor discovery, stateless auto configuration, telnet, SSH, DNS, system log, NTP, ping, traceroute, ACL, CoS static routing, and RIPng.
- IPv6 routing features (OSPFv3, virtual router support for unicast, VRRPv6, PIM, MLDv1/v2) are supported via an enhanced feature license.
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) capability is provided.
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||17.4 x 1.72 x 13.8 in (44.2 x 4.4 x 35 cm)|
|Rack mountable||1 Rack Unit|
|Backplane||160 Gbps (with QSFP+ ports) or 80 Gbps (with SFP+ ports) Virtual Chassis interconnect to link up to 10 switches as a single logical device|
|Uplink||Fixed 4-port uplinks can be individually configured as GbE (SFP) or 10GbE (SFP+) ports; 2 x 40G QSFP+ ports|
|Switching Engine Model||Store and forward|
|DRAM||2 GB with ECC|
|CPU||Dual Core 1 GHz|
|GbE port density per system||30 (24 host ports + four 1/10 GbE and two 40GbE uplink ports)|
|Packet-Switching Capacities (Maximum with 64-Byte Packets)||288 Gbps|
|Power Supplies||EX3400-24T/EX3400-24T-DC: 150W
|Operating Temperature||32° to 113° F (0º to 45º C)|
|Storage Temperature||-40º to 158º F (-40º to 70º C)|
|Relative Humidity (Operating)||10% to 85% (noncondensing)|
|Relative Humidity (Non-Operating)||0% to 95% (noncondensing)|
|Altitude (Operating)||Up to 10,000 ft (3048 m)|
|Altitude (Non-Operating)||Up to 16,000 ft (4877 m)|
|Noise Specifications||Noise measurements are based on operational tests taken from bystander position (front) and performed at 23° C in compliance with ISO 7779.|
|Acoustic Noise in DBA||EX3400-24T/EX3400-24T-DC: 36
|Safety and Compliance|
|Electromagnetic Compatibility Certifications||
|Telecom Quality Management||TL9000|
|Environmental||Reduction of Hazardous Substances (ROHS) 6|