Specifically designed for the medical industry, the UL and IEC-60601 compliant EDS-MD provides mission-critical device connectivity, allowing remote access and management of virtually any electronic or medical device. EDS-MD boasts 4, 8 or 16 individually isolated RS-232 serial ports with a Gigabit (10/100/1000Mpbs) network interface.
Going above and beyond the IEC-60601 requirement, EDS-MD provides galvanic isolation on all ports to ensure the highest levels of safety. If a grounding problem occurs, the operation of EDS-MD or other connected devices will not be affected. With Lantronix’s proprietary Secure Com Port Redirector virtualization software, existing serial port applications can work with EDS-MD without any code modifications.
Virtual COM ports can be mapped to EDS-MD and encrypted at both ends of the communication, allowing the transport of sensitive information to and from remote device servers over the Internet with the highest level of security.
- Serial Ports (4, 8, 16)
- Ethernet – Activity/Link
- 600MHz ARM 11 processor
- 8 MB Flash
- 4 GB SD Card (internal only)
- 256 MB SDRAM
- Real Time Clock with Battery back-up
- Onboard Thermal Sensor
- SSL v3, SSH v2 Client & Server – up to 1024-bit certificates
- Encryption: AES, 3DES, RC4
- Authentication: SHA-1, MD5, Base-64
- Web Browser (SSL option for secure login)
- CLI (over Serial Ports, Telnet or SSH)
- XML Configuration Records via CLI or FTP
- Operating Temp: 0°C to +55° C (32°F to 131°F)
- Storage Temp: -30°C to +80° C
- Relative Humidity: 20% to 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- IP Rating = 20