Enterprise networks are no longer confined to providing simple VoIP phone connectivity and access to email and the internet. Today, seamless mobility, Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), social media, web based video conferencing, cloud based SaaS applications and Big Data analytics are all contributing to an environment that demands greater performance and flexibility from the wired and wireless network.
Furthermore, with the rapid adoption of 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi access points, as well as emerging new Wi-Fi standards, can generate multiple gigabits per second of wireless traffic. As mobile devices usage grows exponentially, they push an everincreasing volume of traffic through the wired edge and new high-performance access points draw more PoE power from edge switches. The wired edge is gradually morphing into a wireless traffic aggregation layer requiring higher performance, availability, and more advanced features.
The Ruckus ICX 7650 Switch is designed to meet the new challenges of the multigigabit wireless era. It delivers non-blocking performance, high availability, and scalability with Multigigabit Ethernet access, high PoE output as well as 10 Gigabit Ethernet Aggregation and 40G/100G uplink options.
ENTERPRISE-CLASS FEATURES ACROSS ALL RUCKUS ICX SWITCHES
The Ruckus ICX switch family delivers the enterprise class features for flexibility, scalability and simplified management.
Ruckus Campus Fabric technology delivers unmatched flexibility, scalability and simplified management for campus network deployments. Incorporating all of the ICX 7000 switch families with up to 1800 ports in a single logical domain, Campus Fabric allows customers the benefits of a traditional chassis, with the flexibility of stackable switches at a dramatically reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Advanced stacking goes beyond traditional stacking with capabilities that take flexibility, ease of management and cost effectiveness to then next level, including:
- Stacking on standard Ethernet ports
- Long-distance stacking
- No hardware module require for stacking
- In Service Software Upgrade (ISSU) to minimize downtime
- Superior scalability with the industry-leading number of switches per stack
- Stacking at the access, aggregation and core layers
- Enterprise-Class Availability to improve resiliency and minimize downtime, including:
- Hitless stack failover
- Hot-insertion/removal of stack members
- Redundant power supplies
- In Service Software Upgrades for switch stacks
- On-boarding and security policies across ICX switches and wireless networks.
- OpenFlow 1.3 protocol support in hybrid mode allows user to deploy traditional Layer 2/3 forwarding with OpenFlow on the same port for Software Defined Network (SDN) enabled programmatic control of the network
- Open Standards based management, monitoring and authentication
- sFlow-based network monitoring to help analyze traffic statistics and trends on every link and overcome unexpected network congestion
- Open-standards management includes Command Line Interface (CLI), Secure Shell (SSHv2), Secure Copy (SCP), and SNMPv3
- Support for Access Controller Access Control System (TACACS/TACACS+) and RADIUS authentication helps ensure secure operator access
- LLDP and LLDP-MED protocol support for configuring, discovering, and managing network infrastructure such as QoS, security policies, VLAN assignments, PoE power levels, and service priorities
|Switching Capacity, maximum||1128 Gb/s|
|1 GbE RJ45 Ports, quantity, maximum||48|
|1 GbE SFP Ports, quantity, maximum||4|
|10 GbE SFP+ Ports, quantity, maximum||4|
|1/2.5/5/10 GbE RJ45 Ports, quantity, maximum||24|
|40 GbE QSFP Ports, quantity, maximum||2|
|100 GbE QSFP28 Ports, quantity, maximum||2|
|PoE Power Budget, maximum||1500 W|
|Switches per Stack, maximum||12|
|Aggregate Stack Bandwidth, maximum||2400 Gb/s|
|Layer 3 (STATIC, RIP, OSPF)||Yes|
|OpenFlow with Hybrid Port Mode||Yes|
|Campus Fabric Technology||Yes|
|Redundant Power Option||Yes|
|Hot Swap Internal Power Supplies & Fans||Yes|
|802.3bt2 (90 W PoE Power per Port)||Yes|
|EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet)||Yes|
|IPsec VPN, with service module||No|
|Reversible Airflow Option||Yes|
|Multi Chassis Trunking (MCT)||No|