The R850 is based on the latest Wi-Fi standard, Wi-Fi 6 and bridges the performance gap from ‘gigabit’ Wi-Fi to ‘multi-gigabit’ Wi-Fi in support of the insatiable demand for better and faster Wi-Fi.The R850 makes it easy to deliver reliable, secure, ultra-high-performance connectivity to large enterprises, public venues, convention centers, and other challenging environments.
The R850 is our highest capacity dual-band, dual-concurrent Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) access point (AP) that supports 12 spatial streams (8x8:8 in 5GHz, 4x4:4 in 2.4GHz). The R850, with OFDMA and MU-MIMO capabilities, efficiently manages up to 1,024 client connections with increased capacity, improved coverage and performance in ultra-high dense environments.
- Connect More Devices Simultaneously - Improve device performance, by enabling more simultaneous device connections with built-in 8 spatial streams (dual-concurrent, 8x8:8 in 5GHz, 4x4:4 in 2.4GHz), MU-MIMO and OFDMA technology while enhancing non-Wi-Fi 6 client performance. Support for up to 1,024 clients
- Ultra-High-Density Performance - Provides exceptional end-user experience within stadiums, large public venues, convention centers and school auditoriums with the RUCKUS Ultra-High-Density Technology Suite
- Enhanced Security - Reinforce security with WPA3, the latest Wi-Fi security standard and receive enhanced protection from man-in-the-middle attacks
- Multi-Gigabit Access Speeds - Optimized multi-gigabit Wi-Fi performance delivered using built-in 5GbE/2.5GbE Ethernet ports to connect to multi-gigabit switches.
- Device Management Options - Manage the R850 with on-premises physical/virtual appliances or the cloud.
- Better Mesh Networking - Minimize complexity by reducing expensive cabling with SmartMesh that dynamically creates self-forming, self-healing mesh networks.
- Automate Optimal Throughput - ChannelFly dynamic channel technology uses machine learning to automatically find the least congested channels. You always get the highest throughput the band can support.
- More than Wi-Fi - Support services beyond Wi-Fi with RUCKUS IoT Suite, Cloudpath security and onboarding software, SPoT Wi-Fi locationing engine, and RUCKUS analytics.
|Antenna Patterns, per band||4000+|
|Antenna Gain||Up to 2 dBi|
|Controller Support||RUCKUS Cloud | SmartZone | Standalone | ZD|
|Ethernet Ports||1 x 1 GbE | 1x 1/2.5/5 Gb/s|
|PHY Rate at 2.4 GHz, maximum||1148 Mb/s|
|PHY Rate at 5 GHz, maximum||4800 Mb/s|
|Radio Chains and Streams||8x8:8 SU-MIMO & MU-MIMO|
|Rx Sensitivity at 2.4 GHz||-91 dBm|
|Rx Sensitivity at 5 GHz||-91 dBm|
|Venue Type||Hospitality | Public Venue | Transportation|
|Venue Sub-Type||Convention Floor | Lecture Hall | Transit Stations | Venue Common Spaces|
|Wi-Fi Interface Standard||IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax|
|Wi-Fi Interface Standard at 2.4 GHz||802.11ax|
|Wi-Fi Interface Standard at 5 GHz||802.11ax|