The YubiHSM 2 is a game changing hardware solution for protecting Certificate Authority root keys from being copied by attackers, malware, and malicious insiders. It offers superior cost effective security and easy deployment making it accessible for every organization. It offers a higher level of security for cryptographic digital key generation, storage, and management, for organizations running Microsoft Active Directory Certificate Services.
The YubiHSM 2 features are accessible by integrating with an open source and comprehensive software development toolkit (SDK) for a wide range of open source and commercial applications. The most common use case is hardware-based digital signature generation and verification. In additional emerging use cases such as securing cryptocurrency exchanges and IoT gateways are just a few examples of how the world’s smallest HSM can secure modern infrastructures.
YubiHSM 2 secures cryptographic keys through their entire lifecycle from secure key generation, attestation, secure key storage, secure key distribution, secure key backup all the way to secure key destruction if needed. Screen reader support enabled.
- Cost-effective HSM solution
- Easy deployment
- Secure key storage and operations
Secure key storage and operations
- Create, import, and store keys, then perform all crypto operations in the HSM hardware to prevent theft of keys while at rest or in use. This protects against both logical attacks against the server, such as zero-day exploits or malware, and physical theft of a server or its hard drive.
Extensive cryptographic capabilities
- YubiHSM 2 supports hashing, key wrapping, asymmetric signing and decryption operations including advanced signing using ed25519. Attestation is also supported for asymmetric key pairs generated on-device.
Secure session between HSM and application
- The integrity and privacy of commands and data in transit between the HSM and applications are protected using a mutually authenticated, integrity and confidentiality protected tunnel.
Role-based access controls for key management and key usage
- All cryptographic keys and other objects in the HSM belong to one or more security domains. Access rights are assigned for each authentication key at creation time which allow a specific set of cryptographic or management operations to be performed per security domain. Admins assign rights to authentication keys based on its use case, such as a event monitoring app that needs the ability to read all audit logs in the HSM, or a Registration Authority that needs to issue (sign) end user digital certificates, or a domain security admin who needs to create and delete crypto keys.
16 concurrent connections
- Multiple applications can establish sessions with a YubiHSM to perform cryptographic operations. Sessions can be automatically terminated after inactivity or be long-lived to improve performance by eliminating session creation time.
- To increase the flexibility of deployments, the YubiHSM 2 can be made available for use over the network by applications on other servers. This can be especially advantageous on a physical server that is hosting multiple virtual machines.
- Easily manage multiple deployed YubiHSMs remotely for the entire enterprise – eliminate on-call staff complexity and travel expense.
Unique “Nano” form factor, low-power usage
- The Yubico “Nano” form factor allows the HSM to be inserted completely inside a USB-A port so it’s completely concealed – no external parts that protrude out of the server back or front chassis. It uses minimal power, max of 30mA, for cost-savings on your power budget.
M of N wrap key Backup and Restore
- Backing up and deploying cryptographic keys on multiple HSMs is a critical component of an enterprise security architecture, but it’s a risk to allow a single individual to have that ability. The YubiHSM supports setting M of N rules on the wrap key used to export keys for backup or transport, so that multiple administrators are required to import and decrypt a key to make it usable on additional HSMs. For example in an enterprise, the Active Directory root CA private key might be key wrapped for 7 administrators (M=7) and at least 4 of them (N=4) are required to import and unwrap (decrypt) the key in the new HSM.
Interfaces via YubiHSM KSP, PKCS#11, and native libraries
- Crypto enabled applications can leverage the YubiHSM via Yubico’s Key Storage Provider (KSP) for Microsoft’s CNG or industry-standard PKCS#11. Native libraries are also available on Windows, Linux and macOS to enable more direct interaction with the device’s capabilities.
Tamper evident Audit Logging
- The YubiHSM internally stores a log of all management and crypto operation events that occur in the device and that log can be exported for monitoring and reporting. Each event (row) in the log is hash chained with the previous row and signed so that it’s possible to determine if any events are modified or deleted.
Direct USB Support
- The YubiHSM 2 can talk directly to the USB layer without the need for an intermediate HTTP mechanism. This delivers an improved experience for the developers who are developing solutions for virtualized environments.
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2016
Windows Server 2019
10.13 High Sierra
Once an order is placed, it can not be cancelled.